Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.
Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.
Thursday, April 14, 2005
It's been a slow week here at M. Jones world headquarters. Time to break some rules. I'm gonna break my own big rule and post about politics. Here are five questions I would like to ask President George W. Bush.
(Actually these are five questions I would like GWB to answer, but he is a busy guy and I don't think he visits my blog all that much so the peanut gallery is invited to contribute their two cents in his place.)
- Considering that the largest contributors to your re-election campaign have had new legislation passed in their favor. Credit card companies gained the changes in bankruptcy laws, Exxon and other companies gained access to oil drilling in an Alaskan wildlife preserve, Wal-Mart has gained protection from class action lawsuits. What have you done to support small business people that represent a minority of your campaign contributions but represent 99% of all employers and 75% of all new jobs in this country?
- Considering the torture scandal in Iraq and Afghanistan, the allegations of prisoner mistreatment at Guatanimo bay, and the allegations of deportations of terror war prisoners to 'torture friendly' countries. Considering torture is one of the most abominable crimes in all of human history why have these things happened on your watch?
- Considering your success on bringing democracy and elections to Iraq, what have you done to promote democracy here in the United States? Specifically, what actions have you taken to ensure that all U.S. elections are fair and accurate, and to prevent future occurrences of the controversy and vote counting scandals that have rocked both of your elections?
- Considering your success on bringing human rights to the peoples of the Middle East, why is U.S. citizen Jose Padilla still being detained without being charged with a crime and without legal access, in other words without rights?
- Why has Osama Bin Laden not been brought to justice?
There is more Jones in the archives: February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 December 2009 January 2010 May 2014