Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Bad Browser

Okay, I just did some fiddling about with the blog template. Nothing major, just putting links I like over there on the right and stuff like that. Oh, and I fixed the width of the sidebar column because the variable width template was widowing words in some of the longer links. Normal stuff to do with a new blog I would presume.

So anyway, just as I call it a day and decide to move on I get the wild hair to double check my work with a different web browser. Good practice for us web geeks. Naturally the page looks crappy in the other browser with the links pushing off the right side of the content box. And here begins the rant.

I will not support the Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser on this blog. Period. If you think this blog looks bad that is because you are using a bad browser.

Use this browser please ==> Firefox

Anyone who is still using the Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser is being a bad citizen of the internet. Web standards will not be adhered to until companies that do not support them lose market share.

Why web standards are good.

Remind me later to go off on my rant about how Microsoft will never release a free, high quality, standards compliant browser.

This ends today's rant.