Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Friday, June 17, 2005

Found in my inbox

Dear Friends,

Allow me to kvetsch for just a moment. CAN THE WORLD SHUT THE F**K UP ALREADY ABOUT MICHAEL JACKSON, TERRY SHIVO, and TOM CRUIS/KATIE HOLMES? Jesus F**king Christ. I do my absolute best to avoid that shit by refusing to read, hear, or watch "news", but somehow I can't escape it because STUPID PEOPLE AT WORK HAVE TO DISCUSS IT (LOUDLY) EVERY DAY LIKE THEY'RE THE EXPERTS. For God's sake, why would someone want to fill their brains with the details about autopsies and strangers' alleged sexual behavior and the "official engagements" of egomaniacs? Is nothing sacred anymore? Can we all just mind our own goddamn business? I get so disgusted about it that I have to shut my office door and crank Rufus Wainwright, which makes me anti-social to the otherwise pleasant office revelry. And see, now I've burdened you with awful "news." GRR!

Ok, I feel better now. Thanks for reading. I hope you have a pleasant, celebrity-gossip-free Friday filled with happy, reality-based thoughts.

-M_