Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Poohsticks

As I lounged resting by the creek, my feet dangling off the bridge, a pair of hikers wound their way up the trail and joined me. The man nodded hello and stopped in the middle of the bridge to admire the views. The lady disappeared into the brush and a short moment later returned with a stick in her hand. She looked at the man with a half smirk and without a word snapped the stick in half. The man wordlessly accepted half the stick and together they stepped to the upstream side of the bridge. A glance at each other was their cue and they simultaneously dropped the twin sticks into the water. In unison they turned and stepped to the downstream side of the bridge.

He:
There goes mine, yours is stuck on that rock.
She:
Nice. Have you ever read Winnie the Pooh?
Me:
I was just thinking that you don't often meet someone that enjoys a good game of poohsticks.
He:
We are still enjoying our first childhood.
Comments:
I will play a game or two in the next couple days :)
 
I've mentioned Pooh Sticks to several of my last girlfriends, and nary a one knew what I was talking about. That's probably why the relationships didn't work; that and I kept stealing money from their purses...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home