Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Things I have learned since moving to Montana

Those semi-circular, inverted half pipe looking buildings are called quanza huts. (Yeah, I've seen 'em before, I just didn't know what they were called.)

The size of a septic system drain field depends on the number of bedrooms in the house it is servicing. Most small businesses are the equivalent to a two bedroom house. And if you are constructing a new septic system you are required by state law to have enough land for both the septic system and an equal amount of unused land for replacing the system at some time in the future.

Some people hunt and fish not for sport but to put food on the table.

People here tend to favor "pop" over "soda".

Lang Creek Brewery makes better beer than Wynkoops.

One in four job applicants will prefer to postal mail a resume instead of E-mailing it.

I previously believed there were only three seasons in Montana. July, August, and Winter. I stand corrected. The three seasons are: Skiing, Hunting, and Road Construction.

Comments:
Actually, they're Quonset huts. Brand name, I believe.

I like both your versions of the seasons. And thanks so much for edifying me on septic systems.
 
[pedantic]Actually, they're called quonset huts.[/pedantic]

Sorry, I can't help myself sometimes. :)
 
Oops, I see that point has already been made. Stupid me.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home