Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Conversation

M_:
Hey Jones, how is the office working out you?
Me:
It's working out great, I couldn't be happier.
M_:
That's great, I know I still need to replace that window.
Me:
Sure, when you get to it. I'm too busy to notice it much.
M_:
So did you do the websites for your business? You used to do websites right?
Me:
No, it was L_ that did the websites. But yeah, I did do web development in a past life.
M_:
I was just curious. I thought you might have gotten into this job by doing the web part.
Me:
Not quite. L_ is my uncle you know, so I got in through family.
M_:
I knew that.
Me:
I don't have much time for web work anymore.
M_:
Well you have a pretty seasonal operation. You have the off season right?
Me:
True. I may try to do some side work over the winter. I'm working too hard right now to even think about it.
M_:
That's how it is for most of us around here. Even this place. We run like crazy for three months in the summer. Then over the winter we plow snow and wait for the thaw.