Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Things

Things I am looking forward to doing when I get some downtime. (Only two weeks away.)

Cooking dinner.
I have had about enough of these damn convenience foods and frozen pizza dinners and frozen nuke-a-whatever for chow. My gourmet home cooked dinner will involve some time consuming marinade action, chopping and stirring, fresh veggies, a salad (can you believe it, I am actually craving a freakin' salad), and probably a bottle of wine. Still undecided on the baked goods for dessert. Recipe suggestions welcome.

Watching a movie.
I don't know which movie. I don't even know if I want to go out or stay in and rent. All I know is that three uninterrupted hours dedicated solely to veggin' out sounds like grand luxury.

Shopping for a new vehicle.
Yep, the Jones-mobile is on the way out. The only real question is how much new car can I actually afford?

Clean the house.
Alert my mother, I actually WANT to do some cleaning. This place is a sty and I can't stand it anymore.

Go on a date.
I somehow found time for a date this summer. A second date with the same girl is very likely. If she has been patient with all my work that is. There is also another lady I have been swapping Emails with. The ex also hinted at getting together. Perhaps it is time to put some distance to the ex though. Meeting someone new sounds more fun.

A burger and a beer.
Not that I haven't had any burgers or beer this summer, but going out because I feel like it instead of because I need to eat before I fall over will be a nice change. Plus the luxury of having all evening to relax and enjoy dinner without any pressure to be somewhere else or get up early. Maybe I will have two or three beers with that burger.

Go jogging.
This one is strange to me. I have been spending all summer hiking and lifting heavy objects and yet my body is craving exercise. Whatever; I can roll with it.

Sleeping late.
I know myself well enough by now that sleeping late will probably consist of waking up at the usual time and lounging in bed for an hour until I get bored. All good though, it's living without the pressure of being somewhere that I am really looking forward to.

Play some video games.
After an intense summer of real life problem solving, I could use some virtual reality where the stakes for screwing up are not quite so high.