Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Socializing on the run

The workload has not let up, but somehow there is still time to flirt. For example the cute waitress at the restaurant near my office.

First visit:

She:
Have a good day.
Me:
Already have thanks.
She:
Well keep having a good day.
Me:
<wink>

Next visit:

She:
Still having a good day?
Me:
You know it.
She:
Well keep having a good day.
Me:
Yup. <wink>

And so on until the conversation turned toward what do you do and where do you spend the off season and life plans and so on. Now we are waving across the parking lot and I go out of my way to only go there when she is working. She is a total cutie, but I bet she is 15 years younger than I am. I don't think this will ever be anything other than friendly flirting, but hey, she is a total cutie.

The real action is happening in the Email. Apparently I left some loose ends in my effort to socialize online this spring. A girl dropped a note to see how my summer was progressing. Busy, very busy, thank you. I mentioned my 5:00 AM delivery runs as one source of my busyness and she somehow thought that sounded exotic and fun. It is fun actually. A chance to cross some beautiful country at a time when no one is around. It is quite nice aside from the lack of sleep. She decided she would like to come along and I couldn't complain about having female company in such a romantic setting. I do find it odd that someone would want to come to work with me as a first date. At any rate, more Emails were swapped and time was found for a phone conversation. She decided to rain-check the 5:00 AM date. Fair enough, I can't criticize. I'm certainly not at my best at that hour. But there is another friendly flirt out there should I ever find some daylight hours when I am not working.

And what is this in my inbox tonight? Another loose end has dropped me a line. Holy cow. I don't have time for all this flirting and Emailing. I have to choose between blogging and writing to girls. Just hang on there ladies. In only six weeks I will have some spare time. I am interested. I'm just freakin' busy right now.