Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Typical

M_:
Are you still planning on coming over later in the month?
Me:
Well, I wanted to talk to you about that.
M_:
What's up?
Me:
I told you about the new girl I am seeing, right?
M_:
Yeah.
Me:
Well, we are hitting it off pretty well, like it will probably turn into something. And I have this awkward feeling about going off to spend a weekend with my ex girlfriend while she and I are still getting to know each other.
M_:
That's typical.
Me:
I just don't want to create any confusion or awkward situations. You understand? We haven't established trust yet and I want to show that I am trustworthy.
M_:
Yeah, I understand. It's just typically when friendships die off, when my guy friends start seeing someone new.
Me:
I don't want to stop being friends. We should still stay in touch. It's just, well, you know, how would you feel if some guy you started dating decided to go off and spend a weekend with his ex, spending the night.
M_:
I get it. I don't want to lose a friend is all.
Me:
You haven't lost a friend. You are only loosing a weekend. I have stayed friends with past girlfriends before, there is usually some separation time though.
M_:
Yeah.
Me:
Maybe I can come see you for an afternoon sometime. Just no spending the night. Perhaps that is where the compromise is. Does it make me a bad person to cancel our plans?
M_:
No, you're not a bad person. I'm going to have to take some time to digest this. You know. I'll probably write you an Email or something.