Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Friendly Montana

Me:
I think Montana is good for my skydiving career.
M:_
How so?
Me:
Well, the people here are much more friendly and inviting. Back at previous address there was a really nice dropzone with big fast airplanes and nice facilities but I always felt left out when I went there. Even after jumping there for years no one knew my name, no one would invite me on jumps or encourage me or take an interest in what I was doing. It was very cliquey, hard to meet people. Here people were calling me by name after my first visit and inviting me on jumps.
M_:
That's one of the things that I like about living here. People are generally friendlier and more inviting than other places I have lived. It's been true of lots of the things I have done here.