Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Winter doldrums

Not sleeping right anymore. I know why too, the wintertime blues. I have always gotten them but this year is harder. Fewer friends around, less for me to do to stay occupied.

I have made a daily ritual of bundling up against the cold and walking my business mail to the post office every afternoon. Gets me out for an hour anyway. There is a mail drop box about half way, I used to avoid walking past it so I wouldn't have to have little mental arguments with myself over drop the mail here and turn around vs. force myself to go all the way downtown. I have gotten to enjoy my little walks so much that I don't mind seeing the mailbox anymore. In fact I am starting to resent the days when I also need to go to the bank or run some other errand that requires the car.

I put some Christmas lights in my window. I am not usually a Christmas decoration sort of person. It is a holiday I tend to have a hard time with. Anyway, I put some nice cheery lights up in my bedroom and I have decided I like them. I put them on a timer so they turn on instead of my alarm clock. Nice cheery lights are a pleasant way to wake up. I may have to leave them up all year.

Does anyone else get really horny in the wintertime? The "it's dark, I'm bored and there is nothing else to do." Sort of horny. Even worse when you don't have a significant other. Have you ever gotten so horny you shaved your genitals just to tempt fate that this would be the week the random hottie would stumble into your life? Yeah, me neither... Just checking.

I'm getting a little tired of the cold too. One of my favorite ways to deal with the cold is to take a long hot shower. Leave the vent off, let the bathroom get all steamy and then bundle up in layers of sweaters and fleece socks before getting on with the day. Some days I feel like I could spend hours in that shower. Some days I wish I could move my office into the shower. I really miss the days of not wearing pants.

Comments:
Hot showers are definitely a good way to spend some time, but better with a significant other, or even the little hottie.

I am not a holiday person myself but the cheery lights might be a good idea.

Take care!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home