Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Meeting people

R_:
So are you meeting any people in Montana?
Me:
You know, when you work from home meeting people is the hardest thing in the world.
R_:
You got that right.
Me:
I go to the grocery store once or twice a week and I walk my mail to the post office almost every day, but these aren't exactly social experiences.
R_:
You need to take some classes or something.
Me:
I did sign up for a continuing ed. class on home buying. That is not exactly a big social scene either though. Mostly newly married young people there.
R_:
Be careful with that home buying thing too. Once you get a home you end up putting a lot of time into it, fixing it up and stuff. That's not exactly social either. And then your summer work season is gonna roll around and then it will be a year later and you still won't have met anyone. That could last two or three years even.
Me:
I'm not too worried about the big picture. The more time I spend here the more I find to do. In a year or two I will be even more settled in and have more going on. I need to solve my bored in the here and now problem, I'm not going to worry about years down the road.