Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Getting to Montana

Customer from the East Coast:
I'm sorry but I am going to have to cancel my trip.
Me:
I'm sorry to hear that.
Customer:
I'm sorry about it too. I took your suggestion and looked at train fare and it is about a third less expensive than air fare but there is too much travel time. I only have so many days for my vacation this year.
Me:
I understand.
Customer:
I can't believe how expensive travel is right now. I think I will be sending my wife to England for our vacation instead.
Me:
Oooh. That hurts to hear that it is cheaper to get to England than to Montana.
Customer:
Yes, it is unfortunate. We would rather visit you but we can't this year.