Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

News from the front

Me:
So were you in Iraq or Kuwait?
Him:
I just got home from Iraq. Things are going really well over there.
Me:
That's what I hear. My brother was in Baghdad for a year and he and everyone else I have talked to that have actually been there say things are going well and don't listen to the news media, they have it wrong.
Him:
Uh huh, that's about right. I think that in this day and age of 24 hour news channels the media companies are having problems filling all 24 of those hours with news. They have to sensationalize to keep people watching.