Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Monday, April 10, 2006

A small sting

M_:
I have news.
Me:
Oh? Do tell.
M_:
I met someone. At my conference.
Me:
That's great.

I made the appropriate 'I'm happy for you' and 'congratulations' noises but I still felt a sinking in my heart. It has been a year since we were together and still the reality of a lover moving on causes a sting.

What do we know about this guy? I know she was tipsy at her conference, is she trying to make something more out of a drunken fling? Is he really a good guy or is he just using her? Some protective instincts are still there.

In the end I cant decide if I feel the sting because I worry about a friend leaping into the unknown or if I feel it because I must admit the reality of a past lover being forever gone. She is smart, she is a grownup, I will give her the benefit of the doubt and wish her the best with the new person in her life. The sting was bound to come sooner or later.

Comments:
Yeah, they usually come out of the blue
 
Post a Comment

<< Home