Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.
Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
- That's how many people are moving into the Flathead right now.
- Yes, well, no wonder real estate is so crazy here. Do you know what I learned this morning?
- Yeah, the same thing I have been learning all year. Our money is no good.
- And so those seven people per day all move here and get all this great property for a quarter million or a half million or whatever. And then after they get all settled in and after they sold the old place wherever they came from, that's when they find out that you can't get a job here that pays more than $10.00 per hour.
- Oh, yes. I just can't believe how expensive property is here. I don't know how anyone can afford it.
- And so you have a whole bunch of people moving here and getting what looks like a good deal compared to wherever they are coming from and uprooting and suddenly they can't support themselves living on these half million lot's they are buying.
- And then they will have to sell low to bail out.
- Or sell out high. Or… hell, there are a million ways to screw the economy from there. You know, I am old enough to remember the post Vietnam economy. I remember how bad things got right after Vietnam. People can't afford to live like they are accustomed to. We are not even close to being out of Iraq yet and I can already see it coming.
There is more Jones in the archives: February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 December 2009 January 2010 May 2014