Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Sedition

Governor Brian Schweitzer posthumously pardons Montanans found guilty of sedition.

This story has made the news rounds already, I'm sure most Montanans have already seen it. All the same I think it is important to point out anyway.

Great Falls Tribune
Billings Gazette
CNN

And while you are clicking links you should take a moment to glance over some of the work that made this possible. http://www.seditionproject.net/ I recommend the photo gallery if you need a quick synopsis.

I am going to make the assumption here that the pardons and the research that led to them can speak for themselves. I hope I don't need to expound on the historical lesson and how it relates to topics such as wartime politics, terrorism, the patriot act, secret wiretapping, free speech, and blogging.