Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.
Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
- And hey, I just want to say thanks for the call.
- Oh yeah, no problem. I just want to know what news service your brother pays attention to. He is all the way out there on the east coast, as far east as you can go without getting your feet wet, and he sees this tiny little news blurb about a plane crash in Montana and then he is all over the phone checking up on you.
- It's reassuring.
- He knew before anybody here got the news. I mean hell, all the local new places take the weekend off. Can't get local news on a weekend. But he got a little blurb out east. He tried calling you and couldn't reach you and then he tried your mom and dad but they were off doing that thing in Missoula. He finally got to me but I didn't have any info for him.
- Yeah, I was out at the field. Can't get cell phone coverage out there.
- With the local news being worthless I tried calling around. You, and your mom. Finally got your mom and all that did was worry her. Made my day when you answered the second time I tried you.
- I had just switched the phone back on. You rang it only ten seconds later.
- Well, we are all glad you are okay.
- My phone just lit up when I switched on. You, mom, dad, MM, some friends. It's nice to know that I would be missed if I actually went missing. So thanks for calling.
There is more Jones in the archives: February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 December 2009 January 2010 May 2014