Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Thanks for calling

Me:
And hey, I just want to say thanks for the call.
He:
Oh yeah, no problem. I just want to know what news service your brother pays attention to. He is all the way out there on the east coast, as far east as you can go without getting your feet wet, and he sees this tiny little news blurb about a plane crash in Montana and then he is all over the phone checking up on you.
Me:
It's reassuring.
He:
He knew before anybody here got the news. I mean hell, all the local new places take the weekend off. Can't get local news on a weekend. But he got a little blurb out east. He tried calling you and couldn't reach you and then he tried your mom and dad but they were off doing that thing in Missoula. He finally got to me but I didn't have any info for him.
Me:
Yeah, I was out at the field. Can't get cell phone coverage out there.
He:
With the local news being worthless I tried calling around. You, and your mom. Finally got your mom and all that did was worry her. Made my day when you answered the second time I tried you.
Me:
I had just switched the phone back on. You rang it only ten seconds later.
He:
Well, we are all glad you are okay.
Me:
My phone just lit up when I switched on. You, mom, dad, MM, some friends. It's nice to know that I would be missed if I actually went missing. So thanks for calling.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments:
It's nice to know people give a damn isn't it?


Glad you are safe my friend.
 
It made a blimp on the radar out here too...my boss mentioned that Monday on the elevator during rounds. He was surprised I knew people there. And yes, we would miss you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home