Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.
Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.
Friday, April 29, 2005
I found a blogosphere meme I thought entertaining enough to join.These are my URL ABCs:
- A is for antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ - Astronomy picture of the day. -- nuff said
- B is for blogdex.net/ - Aggregate of the blogosphere
- C is for chadhasablognow.blogspot.com/2005/04/rock-and-roll-high-forever.html - Bah Weep Grahna Weep Ninny Bon -- cool
- D is for del.icio.us/Normel - My del.icio.us links
- E is for excite.com/ - Portal love, news, weather and quote of the day.
- F is for fark.com/ - It's not news, it's FARK
- G is for google.com/ - Google. -- nuff said.
- H is for hype.non-standard.net/ - Not quite sure how this hit the list, browsed it once but couldn't decide if it was even worth a bookmark.
- I is for 404 - You can't have this one. Private business
- J is for jacquelinepassey.blogs.com/blog/ - Another cute chick of the blogosphere. I vacillate between smitten and thinking she is too full of herself.
- K is for karbonkountymoos.blogspot.com/ - Montana Bloggers know her and love her.
- L is for 404 - Can't have this one either. Personal web server. (although Left in the West was a close second.)
- M is for montanajones.blogspot.com/ - Heh.
- N is for nowherethoughts.net/sarpysam/ - Sarpy Sam. My favorite deep thinking beef guru.
- O is for okcupid.com/ - Okay, this is just silly and I am almost embarrassed to admit I secretly like this site.
- P is for plastic.com/ - Online discussions.
- Q is for queervisions.com/arch/inspiring_humanism/ - I do not recall ever having visited this site before ever. But, the browser bar don't lie.
- R is for radio.weblogs.com/0001011/2005/04/23.html#a9919 - Recent post from the Scobleizer weblog.
- S is for slashdot.org/ - Nerds love the slash
- T is for thespotlessmindasylum.blogspot.com/ - Hi Rachel!
- U is for userfriendly.org/ - Nerds love UF too.
- V is for villagephotos.com/ - I remember hitting this site recently while looking for new image hosting places. I gave them a pass but browser bar remembered them.
- W is for wulfgar.typepad.com/ - A Chicken Is Not Pillage
- X is for xnerg.blogspot.com/2005/04/who-needs-facts-when-youve-got.html - file this under- more random surfing of the blogosphere.
- Y is for yahoo.com/ - Yahoo!
- Z is for zeeb.at/oops/B-17%20bomb%20run.jpg - I refuse to explain this or how it found it's way into my addy bar.
Out of 26 links I figured:
35% were blog related.
15% were news or meta news.
19% were the result of random web surfing.
23% categorized as "other".
8% private links I can't share.
There is a personality test in here somewhere.
By the way, Internet Explorer users can't play along. Your browser bar remembers links in alphabetical order as opposed to the more entertaining most recently accessed order that the vastly superior Firefox browser uses.
There is more Jones in the archives: February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 December 2009 January 2010 May 2014