Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Square One

M_:
So what have you been up to?
Me:
Just hanging out a lot. The first weeks after the season ended it was nice, but now I am just kicking around a little bored.
M_:
Well are you getting out and doing stuff?
Me:
I can't figure out what to do. I've been looking online and I can't find any listings for bands or shows or anything to do. Not that I have found anyway.
M_:
Know anyone who can show you around?
Me:
Well, no. I'm back at square one. It's how I felt right after moving here, a little lost. It's like the summer didn't count for anything. I was running so hard and was so crazy busy for those three or four months that I didn't do any settling in. And now I am back where I started, feeling like I am new in town and I don't know anyone or know anywhere to go or what to do.