Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.
Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.
Sunday, December 18, 2005
- So you have lived in the Flathead your entire life then.
- Yes, there was some time away like when I was in the service. And my forest service job took me away for a few months at a time.
- I bet you have seen a lot of change.
- Oh yes. The last five years in particular there has been tremendous change in the valley.
- When I look around here I smell a boom happening.
- Well it is all construction related. It is all these outsiders that move in for whatever reason. They live here a few weeks out of the year. They are a driving force behind all the building and construction going on. It's the construction jobs that are the only ones that pay anything. The only other jobs are the retail counter jobs that don't pay much and have no benefits. Can only work 20 hours a week. Construction is where the money is coming from. But that will dry up though. I give it another five years and then there won't be as many people moving in and construction will slump off. Then there won't be any money for all the restaurants and smaller businesses. It happened before in the 80's, it boomed then died. It will happen again soon.
There is more Jones in the archives: February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 December 2009 January 2010 May 2014