Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Down strokes

He:
I finally got to hear P_ sing. She is so angelic. She is quite good.
Me:
Angelic is the right word for it. Isn't she amazing?
He:
And I had a chance to play with C_ and Z_ too. Z_ is pretty good. He can do Johnny Cash really well.
Me:
I have never heard Z_ play.
He:
Well, he is pretty good. And I noticed something interesting too. I have seen it in all the guitar players from your generation. You and C_ and Z_ and even S_, you all have a style of playing only down strokes.
Me:
It's that punk influence.
He:
You know, I think you are right, I really do think that is it. But it's really impressive to me that every one of you does it. It's a generational thing. All the guitar players your age do it.

Labels: , , , , , , ,