Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Boys and Girls

M_:
Last week was just a crap week is all.
Me:
Why? What happened?
M_:
Well there was some work bullshit early in the week, but on Thursday a bunch of crap happened. The boy I was interested in blew me off, and then you called and blew me off. I felt pretty low.
Me:
I'm sorry. That's why I'm calling actually, to apologize for that. Turns out I shouldn't have done it because the girl I was seeing blew me off.
M_:
Awww, what's up with that?
Me:
She gave me the 'let's just be friends' speech.
M_:
That's too bad.
Me:
Yeah, it was a little unexpected, but whatever. I was in a poor mood last night but I got a good nights sleep and I am much better today.
M_:
(laugh) You got over it in you sleep?
Me:
Yeah, well, not really. It's not like we were very deep into it or anything. She was just this girl I liked and wanted to spend more time getting to know. It's not like we were head over heels or had a huge amount of time invested in each other. It would be different if I had completely fallen for her or we had spent a bunch more time together or something. It still sucks to get rejected though.
M_:
Tell me about it.
Me:
So what happened with your boy?
M_:
Well, we had made plans to go out last week and that day I had sent him an Email to confirm the times and stuff and I was even in his office that afternoon and everything. He just never followed through and blew me off. He took the cowards way out and didn't acknowledge me and made other plans.
Me:
That's pretty rude.
M_:
Yeah! He did Email me later and made a bunch of excuses about how he forgot and he got distracted by the plans his friends made and stuff. But he never suggested getting together again or offer to make it up to me or anything.
Me:
That sucks. I suggest stop taking an interest in this guy.
M_:
Yeah, already done. I mean, I was trying to send the right signals without being pushy. I went out of my way. I gave him a chance. I mean really, what do I need to do? What's wrong with me? Why didn't he want to go out with me?
Me:
Well obviously you didn't use a hand scripted invitation written on fine parchment wrapped in a gold trimmed red ribbon and delivered by a troupe of dancing girls.
M_:
(Laugh) Boys just suck.
Me:
(Laugh) Yeah! I hear you.
M_:
I don't understand boys.
Me:
That's okay, I don't understand girls.
M_:
They just don't get it.
Me:
The opposite gender is clueless.
M_:
(Laugh) Clueless!
Me:
With maybe one exception. Okay, two exceptions. Alright, Three exceptions but that's it. No more exceptions.
M_:
(Laugh)
Me:
It's good to hear you laugh.
M_:
You have always made me laugh.
Me:
That was the new girls' biggest complaint, that I didn't make her laugh.
M_:
Good grief, she doesn't know you very well.
Me:
And what's more, it was her biggest complaint but she never made me laugh. It's a two way street right? What's up with that?
M_:
(snicker)