Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Just friends

"I just want to take a step back is all. I don't want to rush anything."

There was more to it of course. There always is. In the end it is yet another variation on the 'lets just be friends' speech. She did not close the door entirely, but she did still make me feel like damaged goods.

God knows I could use more friends. Especially here. I've been in Montana going on 11 months and she is the only non-work, non-family phone number on my list. Friends are good, yes, but I am not so interested in a girl-who-is-a-friend. I have those all over the country. I have a longtime friend R_ in St. Paul that I can always count on for moral support. There is A_ in California that can always make me laugh. Wonderful S_ back at previous address with whom I have never been at a loss for conversation. Even my ex here in Montana wants to be a girl-who-is-a-friend. How many girls-who-are-friends do I have to collect before I find a girlfriend? Is wanting a blow job once in a while such a bad thing?

What I need from a friend here in Montana is someone who appreciates foods that make you fart. Someone who can help move a couch. Someone who can aim me in the right direction before I spew up that shot of tequila. Someone who can discuss the finer points of heavy girls with big boobs vs. skinny girls with a nice ass. Girls-who-are-friends, while wonderful people, are not so good at these things.

If all I am going to get out of this is a girl-who-is-a-friend then so be it. God knows I need a few friends around here. But dammit, getting a hard on every time you hug your friend is uncomfortable.

Comments:
Right there with you, but also minus the hard on. Fucking sucks!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home