Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Conversations with dad

Dad:
I really like living here. I like small towns so much more than where I used to live.
Me:
That's great. I can tell you like it here.
Dad:
I was at the hardware store the other day looking for a sealant and they guy gave me a can of stuff to try. He said to give it a little spray, if it worked come back and pay him and if not, no one would miss it from the can. It worked and I went back later in the day and paid for the stuff. You can only do that in a small town.

---

Dad:
I haven't had my blood pressure checked in a while.
Me:
Hmmm.
Dad:
It was bothering me. I think watching my blood pressure was raising my blood pressure.
Me:
Irony.

---

Dad:
I don't usually vote strictly party lines, but this time I am voting all democrat no matter what. Not that Rehberg is all that, his turn to get voted out is coming up soon. But right now it's more important to get rid of the current in power crop of idiots.

---

Dad:
The dog and I are communicating in some weird ways. Without even thinking about it sometimes she does something I want her to do and sometimes I do something she wants me to.
Me:
I think you have been living together too long.
Dad:
Yeah, there is that, but it goes a little farther than opening the door at the right time. Sometimes we click in a way that borders on spooky.
Comments:
I've been "lurking" on your blog for about a week now...I'm not sure where or how I found it, but I really enjoy it. Thought I would de-lurk and say Hi. I hope it's ok I've added you to my blogroll? I love these quotes from your dad..too funny..

Mind if I ask what your job was that recently ended? I'ts probably in your archives, but I haven't found it yet..nearest I can tell is that you might have worked for a state park or something and it was seasonal?

Stacie
 
Post a Comment

<< Home