Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Done

Phone:
At the tone please leave a message.
Me:
Hey, I'm done! All the staff is out safe, the supplies are picked up, the garbage dumped, the tearful farewells have been said and everyone is where they belong for the night. I just parked the van, I'm done. I just had to call and tell you because -- it feels so good.

And then I stood there alone. The conclusion to the summer was a frenzy of people. I watched everyone hug, smile and cry as they parted and went their ways. People were shuttled, gear was hauled and dropped off. Now, finally, I was done. All people and things in my care were where they belonged. I clicked off the phone. The day was warm but I felt the chill of loneliness and I let it sink to my spine as I stood quiet and tired at works end.

Comments:
Talk of end of season makes me sad...i could use another secluded week out there again.
 
*HUGS*
 
Post a Comment

<< Home