Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Comet

Me:
Did you get any good views of the comet out your window here?
Dad:
No, we kept forgetting to look. Mom caught a glimpse of it one time.
Me:
I had the same problem. I would forget to go look. And the times I remembered to look I couldn't see it anyway. I don't believe what they said about it being bright enough to see in the daytime.
Dad:
You had to look at the right time of day.
Me:
So that was my problem. I never understood where to look either.
Dad:
High noon I think. It was just west of the sun.
Me:
To late now. Most spectacular comet of our lifetimes and I missed it.
Dad:
Most spectacular so far.
Me:
Every hundred years counts as a lifetime to me.
Dad:
Well, yeah.
Me:
I did make a point to go out right at sunset on day. I wandered around the neighborhood trying to find a good view of the horizon. At the spot I found this lady came out of her house to ask what I was doing. I told her I was just sightseeing. I don't think she bought it but how do you explain that you are wandering around her yard looking for a comet?

Labels: , , ,