Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Century Tel

Guy:
Are you Jones?
Me:
Yeah.
Guy:
Hi, I am J_. I'm from Century Tel. We are getting in touch with our customers because competition is forcing us to lower our rates and we want to make sure you are getting the best package available.
Me:
I'm okay with that.
J_:
I understand you have the internet service and long distance.
Me:
That's right.
J_:
Well our new package has unlimited long distance, our service bundle and 1.5mb bandwidth for $69.95.
Me:
Well, here is my last phone bill.
J_:
Yeah, see, you don't have the unlimited long distance.
Me:
I hardly ever use long distance. What bugs me are all these service I don't want to pay for.
J_:
They are part of the bundle.
Me:
I don't use three way calling, or call forwarding, or call waiting. All I need is caller ID and voice mail. Can't you save me money by getting rid of the extra crap.
J_:
Well, you don't have to use it. You can simply ignore most of that. And look here, you are only getting half of the bandwidth of the new package.
Me:
I don't use all the bandwidth I have now. And look what I am paying for the current package, $67.95.
J_:
Well, the new package is two bucks more but you will be doubling your bandwidth and getting the unlimited long distance.
Me:
I don't use long distance much, I don't use all the bandwidth I have now, I don't use most of the stuff in your bundle. Tell me again why I am supposed to pay more for stuff I don't use?
J_:
Well, sometimes I can make a better deal and sometimes I can't.
Comments:
HAHAHAH!

I got that call too, except it was $10 more and 3MB LESS than what I had... So I would be paying $10 more and downgrading my service!

I have compiled all my Century Tel rants Here:
Century Tel.

(And the greatest part is every now and then, I get on the front page of Google for "Century Tel"! HAHAHAH!)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home