Montana Jones

Montana n: A state of the northwest United States bordering on Canada. Admitted as the 41st state in 1889. The fourth largest state in the union, it includes vast prairies and numerous majestic mountain ranges.
Syn: Treasure State, Big Sky Country, Last Best Place.

Jones n: slang. An addiction or very deep craving.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Working for a living

Me:
So where is it that you work?
He:
I work for A_. I'm a mining contractor.
Me:
And you said that mining is booming right now?
He:
Oh yeah. We need staff badly. We can't get enough people.
Me:
So is this a good job? Like something that someone could make a career out of, afford a house and health care and retire on and all that?
He:
Yeah, last year I think I grossed over a hundred thousand.
Me:
Yeah, you could buy a house with that. Ever since I moved here I have been trying to figure out the Montana economy. I see help wanted signs everywhere and there are even good opportunities like yours but I can't figure out where the people are or what they do.
Guy 1:
I've seen people pass up on a ten dollar an hour job because they were holding out for the big money.
Guy 2:
Kids today don't want to work. They think they can come out of school and be the boss and take charge and make top dollar. They don't understand doing the hard work and earning your place.
He:
Especially in mining. That's just a hard job and there are not many people that want to do it. Even for good money.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,